Wed 9 May 2012
Along with a couple of friends we are starting our new travel company..cannot think of a good tagline..we would really be grateful to you if you can suggest us something good..we have great deals on holiday packages and we specialise in tours..we thought a few like..best deals always and travel deals simplified. i look forward to your reply. Our company name will be travista.
Jay’s Answer: The name you chose is already the name of a worldwide travel company: travistaworldwide.com – if this isn’t your company, you’re likely to find that you’re attracting your prospective customers to their website or have their lawyers request that you change your company’s name.
As to a tagline, “specializing in tours” and “best deals always” are promises that many other travel companies make as well. That’s why you’re having problems creating a great tagline for your business.
Instead, you need to start at the very beginning of your marketing strategy:
- WHO specifically are you looking to attract to your business?
- Where are they located? Where do they travel? How often do they travel? How exclusive are their travel needs? The narrower your niche, the easier it is to market to them.
- HOW do you differ from your competition?
- If you’re offering the same things as everyone else, then you need to find something that no one else does (that people care about) and do it well. For example, do you send your customers movies about the area they’re planning to visit for free? Perhaps a bonded housesitting (or petsitting) service at no additional fee?
- WHY should they believe you?
Anyone can make a claim, but few can back it up. What proof can you present that shows what you’re saying is true. Consider testimonials or 3rd party independent investigators.