I need a name & slogan for my new business. Specialising in children’s party for corporate Bodies, Funfair & Schoolparty.
Jay’s Answer: I recommend to all my clients that a name/tagline are one of the last things a new business needs. I know many people disagree with me, but I watch so many businesses fail not because they have a bad name/tagline but because they don’t have a business plan/strategy.
Right now, I have lots of questions for you to consider. When you’re done thinking about all these issues, you’ll have the right “raw material” to create an great name/tagline:
- where are you located?
- where are your clients located?
- what age groups of children?
- what types of corporations are you targeting?
- who is your competition?
- what will make your business better/different from the competition?
- why should someone trust you (especially with their children)?
I’d hate to see you grab a name/tagline, print up a bunch of business cards/flyers, create a website, etc. only to find that no one contacts you. Focus on the basics of a successful business before you announce yourself to the world.
Here are some articles I’ve written that detail these thoughts: